Wednesday 16 April 2014

On My List….


Several years ago, possibly at a garage sale, I bought at least fifty pads of blue tear off paper entitled Things to do To-Day. Making lists has always been a good method to keep me on track and accountable, especially when there may be more tasks than there are lines on the page! The supply has dwindled to a scant few left – it’s on my list to find something similar!

I recently had the wonderful opportunity to reconnect with friends after a very long time. Getting to know each other again has reminded me that specific interests or hobbies we want to pursue often continue throughout our life. The husband has renewed his model-building with fervor, which he enjoyed as a young man long before marriage and fatherhood compromised his schedule!

The ages and stages of our adult lives sometimes are too-tightly filled with obligations to someone or some things, such as gainful employment or continuing education. It’s often on our list of things to do that we may jot down in small print a pastime we’ve fallen away from; with every intention of resuming sometime ahead.

I have recently completed my first book, a non-fiction novel. The intention is to share a message of love, empathy, tenacity and creative solutions to encourage and inspire caregivers everywhere. The chapters are sensitive, with a good mix of common sense, chuckles and snuffles along the way.

Penning a book has been, since childhood, On My List!


No comments:

Post a Comment