Friday 12 April 2013

Seeking Validation...




I recently viewed on TVO the classic 1987 movie “Moonstruck” which starred Cher and Olympia Dukakis, to name just a few. A favourite quote for me was when Rose (Olympia D.) spoke directly to her philandering husband, Cosmo -

“I just want you to know no matter what you do, you're gonna die, just like everybody else.”

Each different chapter of our life spans offers new experiences and opportunities for both growth of character and acquiring increased knowledge.I think that if we stall out it’s because we have chosen to, either subconsciously or consciously. Retiring from life and living is not age-dependent. Conversely, running from the inevitable is fruitless, and acting out or dressing inappropriately is attention seeking.

In the March 14, 2013 issue of the Toronto Star, columnist Bill Taylor has penned a great and truly appropriate read. Thanks for permission to include an excerpt.

            “I am officially an Old Person.
            It’s “official” because I have just turned 65 and qualify for Old Age Security — “the        cornerstone of Canada’s retirement income system ... provides you with a modest pension,” says Service Canada.
            But let’s just call it OAS, shall we? Let’s not rub my nose in the undisputed fact that I’m on a steadily steepening ski slope and I’ve lost my poles.
            That doesn’t mean I’ve lost my balance”.

When our hair colour is naturally silvered and our skin and/or body tone is not as firm or clear, we are not diminished, nor does it does not lessen the value we bring to others! 

Whoever we are, or wherever we may be, eliminate from your recommended list of daily “health supplements” the words Seeking Validation.


No comments:

Post a Comment