Saturday 21 December 2013

Shake, Rattle and Roll…



Ever get that queasy feeling in your stomach when something’s gnawing but you just can’t put your finger on it? The alarm seems to ring too early to make any sense, most mornings you just want to roll over and catch a few more ZZZ’s instead of arising with enthusiasm! Feeling off-balance – yet not discernibly unwell.
Everyday stressors can be managed by changing tasks/resetting priorities; compartmentalizing things if there are too many balls are in the air, and choosing to take positive steps to alleviate the strain.

Even an office can be toxic – creating so much negativity that it takes almost all our personal energy to breath in the atmosphere. Indecision is tiring – “What to do, what to do?”  Sometimes it’s a “Should I, or shouldn’t I?”.

Only when we’ve been able to identify the burr under our saddle that’s making us feel scratchy can we find respite. I recently had a redirect to a career change, which wasn’t a good fit. Something just wasn’t jiving – my brain was not in synch and while the light bulb was on, the voltage was low. I simply couldn’t put my finger on the problem – which in turn felt problematic!

On a snowy Winter’s day I find myself, for the first time in nearly forty years, at home. The shakiness seems steadier, the rattle of indecision has been disbursed.
The niggling thoughts I couldn’t quite capture have been snared – it seems simple enough now.

Predictably, I sleep better now too!

Sometimes a committed partner just has to do what is in the best interest of the other person – especially when ill-health is part of the big picture.


Shake, Rattle, then tuck and Roll with the punches! 

No comments:

Post a Comment